Friday, June 28, 2013

Passing Gas in Class

We all have to do it.  It's a part of life.  I also get that, historically, boys think this is hilarious.  Maybe some girls do, too.  As for me, I think there is a time and place for it.  And maybe this time is not 15 minutes into the silent reading period.  I am currently teaching a Fantasy Fiction class (sounds cool, huh?).  We have been reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire since last Tuesday, so everyone is probably at a critical spot in the book.  The room is completely silent when someone just rips one.  Not quiet, not subtle, just right out there for everyone.  Fortunately, no one acknowledged it because I am thinking, "Great, how am I going to deal with this.  I don't really know these kids, so how will they handle this?"  Anyway, unsure of who the offender was, we just continued reading.  Later, we left the classroom and were walking down the stairs to go outside when, lo and behold, the girl in front of me lets one go.  Yep, you read that right, the GIRL in front of me.  Again, I get that it's a part of life, but in the middle of a crowd?  Not cool, girl.  Not cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment