Monday, September 30, 2013

Caucasians

If I have never mentioned this before, my students are hilarious.  They say the craziest things.  Today, I was explaining to my students that I would be out tomorrow and who my sub would be.  This is the conversation that I got trapped in.

Students:  Who is Mr. Carter?
Me:  He subbed for Mr. Jones a few times last year.
Student 1:  Don't he have black hair?
Me:  Yes, it is dark with a little gray on the sides.
Student 2:  Is he caucasian?
Me:  Yes.
Student 3:  I thought caucasians was white people with black hair.
Me:  No, it doesn't have to be black hair.
Student 3:  Oh, is that Jews, then?
Me:  Not really.
Student 3:  Are you caucasian?

They are currently arguing over whose turn it is to read in the group and who has read the most pages.  Ahh, the life of a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment