Friday, September 6, 2013

Halitosis

Okay, I get it; it has been like FOREVER since my last blog post.  Sorry, I was waiting on the rapture.  Just kidding.  The only things on my mind lately have had the potential to get political, and this is a family-friendly, entertainment blog, so I decided to stay away from those things.  Anyway, there are suddenly a ton of things to write about - school started back, it's fantasy football season, and Big Brother is getting down to the nitty gritty - so maybe I will get back to regular postings.  Also, I am hoping to figure out how to enable comments on my blog.  Oh well, on to the funny:

So the members of the one-one-five (my classroom is #115 but saying it as the one-one-five is way cooler) are particularly concerned about their personal hygiene this week.  Yesterday, the children were working in small groups, and I overhear the following conversation:
         
Student 1:  Does anyone have any gum?  You know how my breath be hot before lunch.
Students 2-6: laughter
Student 1:  I don't know why you laughing.  You was asking for gum, too.
Student 1 then goes on to ask: Do you ever smell your own breath, and it just catch you off guard?

Now before I can intervene and put them back on task, Student 1 proceeds to tell his group that in some other class, they switched back and forth from the class to the club, and it was "crunk up in there" today.

I am encouraged to know that regardless of their pass/fail status in Social Studies, at least the children have their priorities straight, and if they need to ask me a question, they will not do so with "hot" breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment