Friday, July 19, 2013

A word on the Facebook Profile Picture

So I have said this before, and I will readily admit it again.  Maybe I am too old for Facebook, even though it started when I was in college.  I didn't know that you have to hit enter to post comments (so if any of you posted a happy birthday on my wall, I did comment to you, but I didn't press enter.  Thanks for the wishes, BTW).  Anyway, there are a few things that people do on Facebook that I don't understand (telling us every little thing that happens-I took three breaths at the breakfast table, etc., giving legal expertise on EVERYTHING, cyberbullying, and the like), but there is a relatively new phenomenon that I just can't ignore.  What is the deal with the close-up, and I mean CLOSE-UP, selfie as the profile picture?  First of all, I can't believe I used the word selfie.  Second, seriously, why the close-up?  I think the biggest problem is how close the picture is.  If I can count the hairs in your nose, just say NO to the picture.  As unbelievably attractive as I am, a picture that close to my skin is not a good look for me.  This post is a public service announcement, really.  I love these people (the ones that I know, at least), and a lot of them are good-looking, but do the world a favor.  Back the camera up!!!  Love you, mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment